Measuring system for Solid-State Lighting applications. The LGS 250 was developed specifically for the analysis of angle-dependent spatial radiation properties from small to medium-sized SSL luminaires, lamps and LED modules.
Instrument Systems, the global market leader for LED metrology, launches a new measuring system for Solid-State Lighting applications with the LGS 250 Goniophotometer.
The LGS 250 was developed specifically for the analysis of angle-dependent spatial radiation properties from small to medium-sized SSL luminaires, lamps and LED modules. This closes a gap with the very large goniometers. The horizontal alignment of the Type C coordinate system facilitates a particularly convenient and compact test setup for the system. Measurements can be taken in a range of +/- 160° in the forward direction of the test specimen which may have a maximum diameter of up to 480 mm and a maximum weight of 8 kg.
Combined with a spectroradiometer from Instrument Systems, all spectral quantities such as color coordinates, color temperature, and color rendering index can be determined as a function of angle. C-plane measurements can also be carried out very quickly “on the fly” using the Optronik DSP Photometer. The LGS 250 is supplied in two versions as a goniometer with a stable base and integrated LGS Controller, and as a benchtop version with separate 19″ rack for the LGS Controller.
The SpecWin Pro software supplied permits convenient and efficient analysis of the measured data with a range of display options.
The LGS 250 comprises the goniometer with a sample plate for fixing the test specimen and the LGS Controller that drives the stepper motor and the angle display. If a photometer is used, the LGS Controller also displays the measured values in candela or lux.
The following versions of the LGS 250 are supplied:
• Goniometer with stable base and integrated LGS Controller. The structure is particularly space-saving and compact, as well as providing very high mechanical stability with the floor.
• Goniometer in benchtop version with separate 19″ rack for the LGS Controller. This configuration is mobile and can be used flexibly.
• Type C goniophotometer with horizontal optical axis
• For samples up to 480 mm diameter and 8 kg weight
• Accurate determination of the luminous intensity distribution and luminous flux
• Angular-resolved analysis of spectral and colorimetric quantities
• Data export in IES and EULUMDAT format.