The CAS 120 was developed as an economical alternative to the world wide well proven CAS 140CT. The trend towards high power LEDs and solid-state lighting applications allowed to utilize a new detector concept. Therefore, the CAS 120 is now equipped with a back-thinned and back-illuminated CCD array with 2080 x 20 pixels (2048 x 14 active), which is passively cooled.
The filter wheel includes an angle decoder for absolute position detection of the OD filter positions (standard OD1-4) and the shutter function. The shutter is now realized by the filter wheel also, minimizing the number of moving parts. The spectrograph is identical to the high performance CAS 140CT crossed Czerny-Turner optics. Communication is handled through a USB 2.0 interface and 5 V TTL trigger interface. The CAS 120 is supported by all spectrometer software packages of Instrument Systems, including SpecWin Pro, LED Tester and CAS-DLL, making system integration even easier for existing customers.
- Model versions UV/VIS and VIS
- Precision spectrograph with integrated density filter wheel (OD 1 – 4)
- Shutter for automatic dark current correction
- 2048 x 14 pixels back-illuminated CCD detector, 16 bit ADC oShort integration times of 4 ms
- USB interface oHardware I/O trigger
- Accurate spectral measurements specifically for cost-sensitive applications (e.g. LED production or quality assurance)
- Spectroradiometry in the UV-VIS range
- Universal spectrometer for laboratory applications
- Industrial production testing