Improved Ultra-Stable Hard-Mounted Retroreflector (USHM)
- Invar steel mounting for exceptional stability and accuracy.
- Performs well in harsh environmental applications.
- Lighter weight aluminum mounted versions are also available.
- Available in custom configurations and with a variety of coatings.
Invar mounted USHM, the ultimate in shock and vibration resistance.
The improved USHM solidly connects the Retroreflector to the next assembly. It is vacuum compatible, thermally stable and tailored to applications where extreme shock and vibration are a concern.
Stability and Accuracy
PLX’s improved USHM’s robust mountings and mirror technology offer properties which enable them to perform exceptionally well in critical applications and harsh conditions. USHM configurations have been utilized in military and space applications and are especially well suited for interferometers where high stability of the OPD and concentricity of the apex on the mounting thread are critical requirements. Lighter weight aluminum mounted versions are also available.
Standard USHM mirror coatings are aluminum, silver and gold, in both bare metal and with protective overcoats. All protected PLX coatings meet MIL-SPEC durability and adhesion requirements. Unprotected metallic coatings work well for interferometric applications. Custom coatings are available.
Custom configurations for specialized applications
PLX engineers can create a custom USHM for your application. Potential variations include smaller and larger apertures, dielectric mirror coatings for high-powered lasers, and units able to withstand military and space environments.
|Cat. No.||Clr. Aper. (in/mm)||Beam* Deviation (arc.sec.)||Exiting** Wavefront (p.v.633nm)||WT.*** (gr.)||Diagrams|
|Choose the coating you need:|
* Beam Deviation is the maximum deviation from parallelism, expressed in seconds of arc, of any single return beam from any of the 6 sub-apertures of the retroreflector, when the retroreflector is fully-illuminated.
If you don’t see what you need above:
Click here for a Custom Quote, specify what your application is and our engineering staff will get back to you.